December 31st 2010: Traveled to Dallas with my loves. Made no resolutions, but told my friends I planned to move back to Dallas sometime that year.
February 18th, 2010: Moved back to Dallas
December 31st 2011: Made no resolutions. Made no plans. I was just loving life.
January 1st - December 31st, 2012: Loved life.
December 31st, 2012: I was out to dinner with three friends. I refused to admit that my resolution was to run a marathon, thoroughly convinced I would fail if I said it out loud. Belief in myself is never something I've been so good at
April 28th, 2013: Ran a marathon
Even if I hadn't set concrete resolutions, I'm pretty good at seeing things through...so long as they're in my control. Maybe this is the year to set and stick to a resolution.
- Follow a budget. I'm so terrible at this. Money gets spent how it needs to get spent, but I constantly fall behind and leave little wiggle room. I've already got spread sheets set up and I'm ready to get after it!
- Just keep running. Running encompassed so much of 2013 that I ended up getting a bit burnt out. I love running when I enjoy it, and I only hope that I stay in decent enough running shape to knock out a 10-miler on weekend when I could stand to decompress. I have a half-marathon planned in February, but I won't attempt another full (this year.....)
- Cook new food. I'm pretty good at this, but I want to keep at it! My boyfriend loves to eat, I love to cook, and I don't usually stick with the same 'ole, same 'ole. Pinterest saves me a lot here, but if I find anything exceptional I'll be sure to share.
- Sew new things. I would love to sew more. I'm okay at it, but not great. I'm terrible at finishing projects. I'm terrible at choosing the perfect fabric. This is a big one: one item a month!! I'm already 65% done with January's project, but I broke my machine's needle mending a sweater that had nothing to do with January's project. (Doh!)
- Less snappy, more happy!! This is tough to put out there; it's my biggest insecurity. I really am going to try to get my anxiety under control and under wraps this year. I love the people that surround me everyday, but I let the worst little meaningless stresses make them think otherwise. Often, I'm too worried about something else to focus on human interactions. It's understandable, to many people...but it's unacceptable. Particularly since I am extremely sensitive and am bothered when others do this, I should be better about holding myself accountable to how I treat others when I'm under pressure.
Looking forward to all that 2014 has in store!!