Monday, February 8, 2010

A Good Day

Some Great Things.

  • I'm learning CS4...and I love the possibilities. I haven't bought it yet, but I reallllyyyyyy want to. **Too bad it's $400**. It all started with the U.S. Citizen's Exchange Grant I am working on...the website is horribly boring. Typical to self, I am looking for the cheapest/most free way to make something ugly look fabulous. I decided that it would be better to just start from scratch...the Dean of Gaylord thinks I'm insane, but I'm going to make everything better. I feel so optimistic about this little side project, and it's great! (btw, I already know HTML & CSS....that's half the battle!)
  • Tucker has been doing really really well in his puppy classes! True, he is the oldest puppy. True, he keeps trying to hump Layla The Three Month Old Bloodhound (he's fixed, no worries). True, he's better at jumping than sitting. BUT, I'm very proud of him. He's a very good listener!
  • My apartment is fabulously clean! I spent a few hours on Saturday putting out-of-place clutter back where it goes. Usually, 1 or 2 rooms are clean and the crap is moved to one room. Not this week!
  • My cabinets are painted! I love love love the Swan White (much better than Banana Cream Pie). It looks so much better, and it was only a $10 fix (I already had brushes and primer). I'm trying to find a few more accents to complete the space, but I am very satisfied with how it looks. Now, I just need THIS! And THIS! And THIS...oh wait I can afford that one!!!
  • My bedroom is done, minus a few more little projects...I need lights above my vanity. THESE ones are nice. I want to build myself a headboard...I won't spend more than $50...and it must be fabulous. Then I need to get my rug cleaned...it smells like dog pee. Right now it lives on my screened-in porch protected by the elements.
  • School is good. I'm not stressed. Call Guinness.
  • My birthday is in two weeks. Those of you who have been around for several years know how much I love birthdays...especially my own.
  • I found THE BEST website. I don't know how I've never found it before, but Stumble Upon is quite possibly more entertaining than youtube. Lovesit.
  • Forcing myself to "put an effing smile on your face and be happy" works. Everyday. If you believe it, it will happen.
  • Tomorrow is Tuesday, which means post-its....who wants one?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment