Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 0 (September 6, 2010)

After three very long nights of drinking over Labor Day weekend, I arrived back in Oklahoma City with a hangover, a stomach full of Jack in the Box tacos and the desire to vegg-out all day. Unfortunately, I had a paper to write for one of my graduate courses that was due the next morning before noon.


I proceeded to lay in bed for a good fourteen hours wanting to focus on A-N-Y-THING other than that paper. I took a peek at my Gmail inbox for the first time all weekend and found something to do! I looked at the profiles of each and every guy who sent a message, “wink,” or marked his self as “interested.” I didn’t see anything that would actually blow my mind away, but I couldn’t actually READ the emails either….not unless I paid. It was like putting a pitcher of beer in front of a college freshman and telling him “No.”


I couldn’t handle it. I figured I would cash in a free 72-hours and go from there, but I had to read those emails. I signed up and read away!! Fourteen emails later, I didn’t know why I even bothered.


Around 7:00 p.m., however, I got a message from someone new: GrantD9832. He was pretty cute & seemed to fit all of the criteria.


He wrote: So I just joined tonight…I don’t really know how this works. Does a wink mean you’re interested? Anyway, I winked. Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend!


He was cute, and I only had 72 hours. Well, more like 68 at this point. I sent him a message back.


I replied back: This whole online thing is completely foreign to me too. I figured I might as well give it a shot! I don't really understand the winking either...My weekend was fun and a little crazy...right now I'm SUPPOSED to be working on a research paper for my master's program, but I'd rather just enjoy this last little bit of freedom before getting ready for the week. How was yours?


Done.


That wasn’t too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment