Monday, November 1, 2010

Day -7 (August 30, 2010)

After a year of being single, I’d had enough. I’d had the awkward one-night stand, the stage-five clinger and the Hottie whom I actually fallen for…all of this not counting all of the ridiculous drama with the Ex. I never liked being single…though I had been for the greater part of my life. One (nearly) three-year relationship later, I knew I would never be good at being single again: I enjoyed being in a relationship too much. I loved the constant sex, the chemistry one has with their partner, those certain “isms” that only they two people share, the comfort…and I honestly enjoy taking care of people in whatever capacity I can.

I was more single than I’d ever been. I was tied to no one…and I’d been playing with fire with the Hottie, who was now in a long distance relationship. Needing something to get my mind off of him (& my nineteen-week bout of celibacy), I did what I never thought I would do: I joined a dating site.

A dating site is an overstatement. This one was free…completely free. Free (read: cheap) didn’t exactly produce desirable results. I created an account, added a picture and nothing else, then walked away. Two and a half hours later, spent at dinner with my friends, I made the mistake of looking at my phone. My Gmail account was flooded with forty-two emails from the horniest dudes OKC has to offer. I read each and every one of them….and I was disgusted. Entertained, but disgusted. Most were straightforward, to say the least, about what they wanted. Hint: it wasn’t a legitimate relationship or a lifelong partner.

I deleted my account before falling asleep that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment