Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rainy Day Blues, but not yet FREEZING Rainy Day Blues

Things that have me down today...

The Rain:

Well, this only has me down partially. It IS freezing rain, therefore there is the potential toFREEZE....but the rain can very easily get me feeling blue. *exception* during the summer, when we could all use a break from the heat & it's warm enough to go outside and play */exception* This "Rainy Day Blues" syndrome was a big problem in France, as it rained every 99% of the days I was there. As of this second, the freezing rain is just rain. If it doesn't get cold enough, it has the potential to become really cold annoying rain that I have to walk in to get to campus.

The Freezing Part:

Or, the not yet freezing part. School is not yet officially closed. I'm waiting. I check in about every minutes. I keep looking for a text message from President Boren (It sounds so much more glamorous to say that it is "from President Boren" than to say it is "from the University email system donotreply@ou.edu," no?). What if nothing gets cancelled in this one little block of Norman, OK? Norman Public Schools are closed. Moore Public Schools are closed. OCCC, OCU, OSU & UCO.....are all closed. Why are we always the last to close?!?!

What If We Don't Close?:

If school is open, I have a test today. If school is open, I still have homework to finish. If school is open, I have reading to do for my night class (which surely will be cancelled...it should be snowing by then!). If school open, I have a tres important group presentation in my night class. I am not yet fully prepared for any of these yet. I can be & I will be if the need arises, but it just seems like a non-important stress factor. I tried to get everything done anyway last night. I was just too tired.

What If We Do Close?:

My list of things that I need to get done today, whether school is open or closed, is nearly identical in length. I need to spend a little bit more time finalizing the group presentation. I need to finish reading for my night class (I am certain we will get another reading assignment for next week, so I need to finish this weeks). I need to do my Mass Comm Law homework so that I don't get behind. I need to work on the website for the State Grant I am working on for one of my GA assignments. I need to do research for my other GA assignment. I need to read for the forum I volunteered to participate in. Basically, my list goes on and on and on whether campus is closed or not. I have things to do. I could put them off, but I stress out when I procrastinate. Let's avoid stress, k?

My List of Things:

My very long list of things to do is, just like everyday, preventing me from having a good time most of the time. I use my lists as an excuse to make myself a hermit. I have told friends that they need not ask if I would like to go....tell me to go out. I will find a way. Even if there is stress later on, I will find a way. But if people ask if I have time to go out, the answer is, almost always, no. I never have time. I try to fit too much into too little of a window. I am overweight with responsibility. The first thing to go is always social, and I truly, truly hate that. I want to change, but it's hard.

Oklahoma Natural Gas

I dread getting my ONG bill when it's this cold all the time. My bill this month? $193.07. Really??? It makes me want to cry.

AND IN OTHER NEWS....

This is what my car looks like.



I got into a bit of an accident last week. While I am thankful that I have car insurance, I am not in the best position to pay the $500 deductible after my car gets fixed. While I was faced with the option that I could total out my car and take the money, I am really not in a position to make even a small car payment since deciding to be in school this semester. If I were working, it would be a different story.

P.S. Other than a bit of whiplash, I'm fine. That's a lot to be thankful for.

Luckily, my mom loaned me her car until I get mine back since she rarely if ever drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment