Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 14 (September 20, 2010)


Still sick, but on the rise!

In spite of all of my attempts to remain unsocial so that I could get better, Pete texted me after work, begging to see me. He wanted to know when he could take me out next, and if I would be better tomorrow.

I replied: I may be a little sick, but I should feel mostly ok. I have class until 9, but if you can wait, then I can see you after

Pete: :-)

Me: So I take it you don’t mind waiting?!

Pete: Of course not!

For now, I was off to bed and excited about seeing Pete after my long day tomorrow. Around 8:45, I got another text, asking if meeting at Starbuck’s downtown (half-way in between our places) would be fine, which I said yes.

Then I got a very eerie message.

Pete: You about to leave class soon? I’m going to take a quick shower and then head down…it’ll save me some time of getting ready in the morning :-)

Maybe it was too much Nyquil, but I was seriously confused. I literally thought PETE meant to send this class to some other girl and accidentally sent it to me instead. My head was hot and spinning for about 10 minutes or so. I didn’t know if I should ignore it. What was he doing?! Seeing me one night and another girl tonight? I was instantly jealous. Then I realized the problem: he thought we were meeting up tonight, but I thought we were meeting up tomorrow night.

We laughed it off. There was no way I was going to see him tonight (no makeup, hair in a wet bun, sweat pants, congestion, no way). Pete was busy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment