Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 2 (September 8, 2010)



Wednesday nights are usually a great night for me.  It’s the middle of the week, I have no class & I get to enjoy a little time to myself to take care of what I need to. I had an assignment due the next night for a class, so I parked my butt in bed to get it done.

True to form, I looked for a way to distract myself (this is why I don’t usually study at home).  A few guys messaged me that night on match, which varied from guy to guy. Two were notable. Others were blown off pretty instantly.

Let’s preface that I don’t want to sound hateful about these guys.  I have a type and I am super-picky, like I’ve already said. When it comes to my dating life, I am allowed to be picky…I’m also allowed to blow people off without a second consideration for superficial reasons.

Guy 1: loves basketball, a little extra to “love,” ready to settle down.  Not attractive, but thinks he’s hot stuff. Extremely complimentary, maybe a little too much? Would not stop messaging until I replied.

Guy 2: 22. Tall. Skinny….not like I’m-kinda-into-skinny-guys skinny, but you-need-eat-and-stop-being-so-emo skinny.

Guy 1 was pushy, wouldn’t get the hint when I told him I was too busy to chat, and added me as a favorite. I figured ignoring him would be the best option

Guy 2 was so so so nice, but not at all my type.  We did chat for about 2 hours, but he was instantly in the friend zone.

The biggest problem with both of these guys was age.  I don’t want to date someone my age or younger because I can’t go through more of the “I’m 23 and going to have a maturity meltdown” again. I know it’s not fair of me to put all early-twenties men in that category, but too bad. Plenty of women discriminate against all men because of their exes, so I see no problem with me doing that either.

Still messaging Grant some, but I don’t know if I’m more excited about the idea of him or the idea of just talking to someone I MAY be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment