Monday, May 10, 2010

Greatness!!!

This is a very ecstatic post. May not start out that way, but I am excited about everything.

(Except for one thing: I've sucked at 365 ever since spring break. Things have been crazy. I'll get to it :D)

First off, I lived. That is definetly something to be ecstatic about. Yup, I'm talking abouttonight's tornado that started 3 miles from my house. From what I've heard so far there have only been 5 reported deaths in Oklahoma, which is a lot less than I expected it would be as I saw the tornadoes rip through central and eastern Oklahoma along I-40. Prayers go out to those who suffered damage and loss.

This was a really scary hour...I cleaned out my bathroom closet to get access to the basement if things got really bad (I'm terrified of this dungeon), wouldn't let Tucker out of my site (so I could grab him at a moment's notice if necessary), and couldn't take my eyes off of the TV. The problem was that I also had a take-home final due tonight & was worried that I wouldn't finish if I kept watching the news. As things died down, I took my laptop, my books and my dog and went to hide out in my bedroom closet., which worked out pretty well. I had to turn the TV off, but I felt better knowing there was nothing I could do & that I was in a pretty safe place; I also got stuff done, which was really REALLY important.

Second, on Thursday, I finished and turned in my two big papers. Mass Communications Law: 15 pages. Business of Media: 22 pages. I also had an exam and a presentation this day. I am so happy that May 6th is off of my calendar, because I had been dreading it for months.

Third, I'm finally getting caught up on sleep. See *Second*. Last weekend, I slept 10 hours total. Between Monday night and Thursday night, I slept 14 hours total. Yup, only 24 hours sleep in 7 nights. I was exhausted, and I've had a hard time catching up and making it through the day without a nap this weekend.

Fourth, I finished my take-home final for Business of Media tonight. 15 pages. RIDICULOUS!!! (And, if you're keeping track, that 37 pages and one presentation for this class in less than a week). Even more importantly, that means this horrible semester is OVER!!! It's not quite officially summer because I still have to work (some), but I'm verrrrrryyyyyy excited!!!!

Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth......Well, you may just have to wait and see what's in store for me. I haven't made up my mind yet about whether or not I'm ready for full disclosure. Most everything are really great, even though I have NO CLUE what I am doing. So, here's your cliffhanger!!

1 comment:

  1. this sounds like a crazy week! i'm glad you and Tucker are safe and sound! i want full disclosure, by the way - i want it all!!

    ReplyDelete