Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 31 (October 7, 2010)

The day of my date with Chris, I worked until about 4:15 p.m. with appointments all day, then started getting ready for the concert. I decided to wear a white tank top, jeans and cowboy boots (seeing as it was a country concert). Chris was supposed to show up around 4:30 to meet at his friend’s apartment before heading to the OKC Zoo.

Around 4:45, he called to let me know that he was stuck in traffic and would be there in ten minutes. The car ride over there was quiet, which was a little awkward. But, it was better than obviously forced conversation. If there was nothing to talk about, we kept quiet. Though the conversation wasn’t exactly natural, the environment was.

We met at his friend’s house, had a drink or two, then carpooled to the zoo. We picked up our free VIP passes, and headed inside.

There was a lot of drinking, a little music, and somewhere in there he kissed me. Once the ice was broken, we were very comfortable together and had a great time.

It was a little weird having our first date be a group-thing with nobody else on a date, we went with it.  Chris only knew the friend with the tickets (not anyone else), and I obviously knew none of them. Most of them assumed we were a couple since they didn't know any better. I think it worked out so we could more or less just focus on each other.

After the concert, we went over to Western and went to one bar I can’t remember the name of and then to Café Nova. I was exhausted and we were both drunk, so we didn’t stay long. We said good-bye to his friends then left in a cab to go back to my apartment…

No comments:

Post a Comment