Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 33 (October 9, 2010)

Here's the last day, folks!! Day 33 of my match.com adventures is here...Hope you enjoyed it! Stayed tuned tomorrow to know what (if anything) has changed!!!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can hardly believe it’s the last day! I’ve really considered renewing, but I’m going to go with my gut on this and just cancel. I think.

Just in the nick of time, I feel like I’ve met someone who I can actually see myself with. Maybe nothing too serious, maybe something more. I realize that Chris meets…well…none of my “ridiculous criteria,” but I, too, can surprise myself. I knew I’d like him before I met him, but he’s better than I imagined. Even if it doesn’t turn out to be a big thing, I’m enjoying my time with him.

The thing with The Hottie in LA was that, while I instantly felt extremely comfortable with him, it always felt a little bit like a game with us. I don’t know another way to describe it. Maybe he was just a little inconsiderate. Chris seems different than that. Yes, it did take a little while to warm up to him the other night, but now I feel like we can just enjoy each other’s company. I’m trying to not put any emotional pressure on the situation, because I get attached easily.

As for my match.com account, I cancelled it with little peace of mind, but knew it was probably the right move. I didn’t exactly want any new men added to equation for a while, ya know?…


I honestly didn't initiate very much at all, in case you can't tell.  I also ignored quiet a bit of "digital moves" from people who just didn't meet my criteria.  Would I recommend online dating to friends? Absolutely, but only if you're willing to be an active participant (or in my case, an active responder).  It took a lot of time and ended up being kind of stressful given how crazy my schedule is, but I think it's definitely worth trying if you want to date some new people!




No comments:

Post a Comment